The history of Trattoria da Garibardi is indissolubly bound to the Central Market.
As a matter of fact, it wash here that Giampaolo Risaliti (nicknamed Garibardi due to his exuberant character) and his wife Tina ran a gastronomy shop which specialised in cooked vegetables, beans, polenta (a type of maize porridge), Tuscan liver pate and other specialities.
In 1989 involving their daughters Sabrina and Patrizia, the natural pass forward was to serve at tables those same specialities, which the Florentines had been taking back to their own homes for over 20 years.
From this moment onwards Trattoria da Garibardi was born, right in the Central Market Square, in the place, which in 1600 used to be a nun’s convent, an antique building with thick stonewalls and wooden ceilings.
From then on we can say that it has changed very little, at least as regards the traditional recipes and that we would call today the “mission” of the enterprise: make the guests feel “like they are at home”, with good genuine dishes and without lots of frills.
Therefore welcome to our home, in our family!